This Outranking SEO Content Editor functionality checks the backlink reports of all the top-ranking pages returned by SERP including their content score, DA/PA, backlinks, and word count.
How to Use It
- Click the **Research** tab for the Research panel to appear.
2. In the Research panel, you will find the top 20 Google Search results for your topic including their URLs, content score, DA, PA, backlinks, and word count.
3. If you suspect a particular page to be scraped content(i.e. Unrealistically high word count) you can exclude it from your research by clicking and disabling the **Preview** button next to the domain name.
This will remove this page from being considered into scoring statistics.
4. Then refresh the SEO score stat by clicking the refresh button beside the **Overview** tab(blue box). Follow this action by clicking the **Overview** tab(green box) to check if the maximum word count changed.
5. Click the **Expand All** button if you want a detailed look at the content of all the top 20 URLs or click the down arrow in each box to open them individually.
6. Simply click the **Collapse All** button to hide the content.
7. You can research a section and compare it against your top competitors. Start by highlighting that section, then copy-paste it into the **Search** box before clicking the search button.
8. As a result, the search will return any content that mentions the topic you are researching.
9. You can use the result as inspiration when writing your content, or you can also directly insert it into your content and rewrite afterward using the **Rewrite** function or by adding additional value to the content.