Optimizing old content is one of the most important SEO activities. It helps bolster an article’s current ranking by optimizing the important SEO ranking factors, and this is especially helpful if you have published articles that are underperforming.
How to Use It
- Inside your Content Editor, click **Controls** located at the top part of your Content Editor.
2. Select the **Import** functionality from the dropdown list.
3. When the Import prompt appears, enter the URL you want to examine.
4. Hit the **Import** button.
5. When the article is loaded into your Content Editor, you might find extra content or characters that are irrelevant to the one you are optimizing. You can delete them directly. Or you can directly copy and paste your article into the Content Editor if you think the Import functionality is not enough i.e. missing texts.
6. Click the refresh button found in the **Overview** tab to refresh the current stats of your article.
7. Click the **Instructions** tab and check which of the 11 steps lacks the green tick (✓) mark. It means that the step still needs optimizing.
8. Click the refresh button whenever you are done optimizing one element at a time to check if the Content Score has moved up.
Note that when optimizing your content within the Outranking Content Editor, it is always good to follow the suggestions, incorporate the missing keywords, and target at least the minimum character and word count.
Always aim for a Content SEO Score of at least 95 before pushing back your optimized content to your website.